Friday, April 23, 2010

Arsenal vs Money city

Alright, it took me a while to shake off the embarrassment we suffered last week. It wasnt pleasant but taught us the importance of good substitutions. I dont think anything at the club has changed because of it. Wenger is still releasing official statements from arsenal.com about Adebay(whore), Viera and useless things like we are not stupid and so on.

If you cant play mind games with the other manager, just shut your pie-hole. Talk about the players, there response in training to the defeat. Just try to create a positive atmosphere instead of talking about respect for Ade, Viera and foolish things.

I DONT THINK WE WILL WIN THIS SATURDAY. I could not say it clearer. Mancini will play counter attacking football. There will be 9 players defending along with a world class keeper. Only one player will be at the half line waiting for a counter attack. On the other hand, we will be pressing with 8 players in their half and our CBs all exposed and waiting to be exploited. Dont forget that our keeper is not confident either. Tevez, Bellamy and Johnson are fast and can dribble.

Try and think about the similarities in the games of Chelsea and Manu. They didnt care we had the possession. They didnt care if they could pass the ball well. All they wanted to do was hit on the break. Its simple. Mancini is also a tactician. He is not like Wenger. Just plan A is not for him. He is an Italian coach. What comes to them naturally is a strong defensive side.

We will be missing most of the senior players like last game. Song has a chance to play. If he is fit, I am sure he will have a go at some point in the game. It will be interesting to see who plays at the GK position.

My post today has been highly negative compared to all my other posts. Its just that I somehow dont see the squad ready for a big game like this. Lack of experience, yes, lack of plan B, sure. But most importantly, the team morale is down.

I hope the game turns out differently. I hope I have to eat my own words. I pray that Wenger will prove me wrong. Lets see what unfolds.

Arsenal XI

..................Fabianski.........................

Sagna.....Campbell..........Silvestre...........Clichy

........Nasri......Eastmond/Song......Diaby

........Eboue.......Van Persie............Bendtner

Subs: Rosicky, Eduardo, Vela, Merida, Traore, Eastmond, Mannone


My XI:

.....Fabianski.......

Sagna...Campbell....Bartley....Clichy

Eboue...Nasri...Eastmond...Diaby

.........van Persie......

...............Bendtner............


Prediction:

Arsenal 1 - 3 Man City

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment