Friday, March 19, 2010

Champions league draw was fixed!

I am just not sure how every year the teams with the most recent history are paired up to face each other. Then there are instances in the games where emotions boil over and viewership ratings hit the roof! I am not going to talk too much about the other fixtures simply because none of them will be as entertaining as this one and are not as important as my Arsenal.

I still get the feeling that we might be able to get a home win. I still feel like that. Lets see how things shape up. The quarter finals are to be played on 30/31st March and 6/7th April. We play Birmingham away before the first leg and then play Wolves at home before the second leg. The Birmingham game is a little tricky. This is where Eduardo suffered and will play in the team's mind. Also Wolves will play a hard game to impress the Fergusons of Manchester. They tried to get away by playing a weak side and were busted! However, we could rest a few players for that game if needed. What happens in the second leg will decide our next game as well. Spuds away is important, hell its very important. If we have a bad day for the second leg, it could affect our spuds game. However, if I a recollect it right, we played spuds away last time as well around our champions league exit. WTF! Deja vu!

Arshavin and Fabregas have been linked with barca many times. I think its going to happen sooner or later. I would like if they prove their worth by defeating the team that wants them! If they do that, Barca will definitely buy them next year. Right now, I hope they realize who their present wagers are and work accordingly. I would not be surprised to see if some Fabregas rumors start again. And there is some speculation about something. I am glad to notice that most of the times, Pep Guardiola seems to be out of these contraversies. I dont know how he does that. Apart from being the Champions, another reason Barca is dangerous is that the finals are to be held at Santiago Bernabeu! What would a Catalan want more than to win the trophy back at the enemy grounds and rub it in deep, very very deep! :D

I still am positive about this fixture. It will help us learn more about this 4-3-3 system. If we play at the pace of Epl, I think we have a chance. Common you Gooners, lets fight it out! First the Catalan capital for the march towards the Spanish capital!

No comments:

Post a Comment